Oxford University Press needs a data engineer. The job description states:
“To design and implement XML data structures, devise XML strategies, and through expert content analysis, facilitate the electronic and print production, publication, and licensing of OUP’s books, journals and dictionaries content.
• Analyze OUP and licensed texts, and the requirements for their production, online functionality and presentation, and general electronic use, to:
• Determine appropriate data structures to support those requirements (content and metadata),
• Devise quality control rules and processes,
• Design tools and workflows required by staff in Editorial and Production to produce, capture, and enhance the data.
• Write transformation scripts to convert source data into OUP standard data structures that meets the agreed data quality standards for publishing and licensing.” Read more