SemTech 2010 Hosts Web Day 3.0 at the Annual Semantic Technology Conference, Thursday, June 24th – Limited Seating Still Available
David Recordon, Senior Open Programs Manager of Facebook and best-selling Author, David Siegel will keynote the conference.
San Francisco, CA (June 24, 2010) — SemTech 2010 is currently taking place at the San Francisco Hilton in Union Square. Web Day 3.0 will be held Thursday, June 24, and will include a number of informative presentations by industry experts. Attendees can expect to see demos of leading semantic search engines and products, hear experts discuss the technology and its impact in the industry, meet the world’s leading developers of Web 3.0, and understand how Web 3.0 technologies are changing web development.
Presented by co-chairs Tony Shaw and Dave McComb, this year’s program is the most extensive to date. Over 1,200 attendees are expected, including industry experts, researchers, analysts, content providers, developers, and technology enthusiasts.
"Interest in semantic technology is on the rise," Shaw said. "Early numbers indicate a 30% increase in conference attendance. The world wants to understand where the Web is going and semantics play an imperative role in that."
Highlights of Web Day 3.0 will include:
• Keynote by David Siegel, author of Power of Pull, Pull: The Business Shift Behind the Web
• Keynote by David Recordon of Facebook on their new Open Graph protocol
• Real-Time SemanticWeb with Twitter Annotations, Joshua Shinaview of RPI – Tetherless World Constellation and Jans Aasman of Franz
• Building Web 3.0 Web Sites, Mark Windholtz of AgileDNA, John Walker of Semantic Clarity, and Mark Birbeck of Backplane, Ltd.
• Applying Semantic Extensions and New Service to Drupal, Daniel Hladky of Ontos AG
• Comprehensive Validation: Pragmatically Joing the “Web of Data”, the Easy Supported Way, Giovanni Tummarello of Digital Enterprise Research Institute (DERI)
• Drupal and the Semantic Web: from RDF to Whitehouse.gov, Jeff Walpole of Phase2 Technology
• Semantic Web Tools for Video and Social Change, Hannah Eaves of ViewChange.org
• Google Rich Snippets, Kavi Goel and Pravir Gupta of Google
• The Personal Data Locker, David Boardman of Atigeo, David Siegel author of The Power of Pull, Von Wright of AT&T, Drummond Reed of International Card Foundation & Open Identity Exchange, Chris Messina of Google, and Kaliya Hamlin of Identity Commons
• Search Day – featuring a dozen search sessions
• PitchSlam – Startups pitch their ideas to VCs and analysts
• Mergers and Acquisitions panel with VCs, acquirers, and acquired companies
• Exhibits open all day
SemTech represents a full spectrum of business, government, and consumer activity taking place within the field of semantic technology and brings together the most practical and advanced solutions in the industry.
SemTech is the world's largest conference on semantic technologies. It is the only event focused on the commercialization of semantic technologies, bringing the most recognized names, knowledge, leadership, and innovation in the semantic community together at one location. SemTech is owned and operated by Semantic Universe–the semantic community’s trusted information resource. For more information please visit SemanticUniverse.com, email email@example.com, or call (310) 337-2616.
- Drive, She Said: AI's Car Trip
- Google Gets Into Quantum Computing; Advancing Machine Learning Is A Goal
- ISWC 2013 to Take Place in Sydney
- Privacy Reforms and Web TVs