SemanticWeb.com and parent company WebMediaBrands are pleased to announce that a competition will be held at the upcoming Semantic Technology and Business Conference (SemTechBiz) in San Francisco. The contest begins with an online application process. Out of that pool of applicants, ten companies will be selected to compete in person and on stage at SemTechBiz San Francisco. At the conference, a single winner will be awarded the prize as “Top Semantic Technology Start-Up.”
Dramatic growth in semantics-based products and applications released over the past years is on the rise. Semantic technologies are no longer a discovery of the future. Organizations such as Google, Yahoo!, LinkedIn, The New York Times, Facebook, Apple, Oracle, IBM, the Library of Congress, Amdocs, Volkwagen & the BBC use them today.
SemanticWeb.com is currently accepting entrants from now until April 23, 2012. Companies encouraged to apply are those who meet the following conditions:
- have a demonstrable product (at least in “beta” stage) in the SemTech and or SemWeb space
- have received no more than a Series A round of financing
Companies can be located anywhere but must have the financial means to attend SemTech 2012. Ten Finalist companies will be selected to compete in a “Pitch Slam” before a panel of expert judges at the Conference. These finalists will be listed in an article at SemanticWeb.com.
The winning company will win the opportunity to give a half-hour presentation on the official SemTechBiz conference program and will receive an award on stage at the final keynote. Additionally, the winning company will be featured in an article at SemanticWeb.com, to include interviews with key company officers and/or investors.
All Registered attendees and speakers are eligible to apply to the competition, and the primary representative from each company must be registered. If a company is selected to compete, but the primary speaker is not registered, she/he must register for a ‘Gold Passport’ Pass ($1595) or a ‘Conference Only Pass’ ($1395). Additional company representatives can also register at these discounted rates, or may select to register for the limited access ‘Social Networking & Expo’ Pass. All speakers are responsible for their own travel and living expenses.
Venue: SemTechBiz at the Hilton San Francisco Union Square
- Application Deadline – April 23
- Notification Date for Finalist Companies – May 1
- Ten Minute Pitch Presentation Slides Due – May 15
- Start-Up Competition at SemTechBiz – June 5, 2:30pm – 4:30pm
- Winning Company gives 30-minute presentation at SemTechBiz – June 6, 12:00pm
- Winning Company receives award at Final Keynote - June 7, 8:30am
- Announcing the Winner of the Semantic Web.Com "Spotlight On Library Innovation"
- Bringing Startups Center Stage at SemTechBiz 2013
- Drive, She Said: AI's Car Trip
- Session Spotlight: Incubating and Investing in Semantic Startups